1-24 80 01 "JURISPRUDENCE"
Qualification: "Master of Legal Sciences"
II stage of higher education
Faculty of Economics and Law
Form of education:
- daily: 1 year;
- extramural: 1, 5 years. Terms may increase by 0.5 years relative to the standard term
The benefits of education
Educational program and educational process in the specialty 1-24 80 01 "Jurisprudence" at the Faculty of Economics and Law of the Mogilev State University named after A. A. Kuleshov have the following features:
- forms knowledge, abilities and skills of scientific and pedagogical and scientific research work;
- graduates are awarded a master's degree in law;
- the possibility of internship at the place of main work;
- special attention is paid to research work;
- It is envisaged to pass candidate examinations in philosophy and foreign language, the marks on which are taken into account upon admission to graduate school;
- the possibility of further education in graduate school;
- an individual approach to each undergraduate, including the possibility of studying according to an individual plan.
Main disciplines studied:
1. Government component
1.1 Module "Modern problems of jurisprudence"
1.1.1 Modern problems and methodology of legal science
1.1.2 Law-making of representative, executive and judicial authorities
1.1.3 Legal support for the development of the electronic state
1.2 Module "International legal cooperation"
1.2.1 Implementation of international treaties in the national legal system
1.2.2 Institutional law of the Union state, the EEU and the CIS
1.3 Module "Scientific-research work"
1.3.1 Research seminar
2. Component of a higher education institution
2.1 Module "dispute Resolution in the economic sphere"
2.1.1 Theory and practice of considering individual categories economic disputes
2.1.2 Theory and practice of mediation in economic sphere
2.2 Module "Economic and investment law"
2.2.1 State regulation of economic activity
2.2.2 Institutional system for the protection of human rights
2.3 Module "Corporate and commercial law"
2.3.1 Corporate law
2.3.2 Commercial law: problems of theory and practice
2.4 Module "Civil and natural resource law"
2.4.1 Legal protection of the environment and ensuring environmental safety in the course of economic activity
2.4.2 Actual problems of theory and practice of application civil legislation
2.5 Module "International public and labor law"
2.5.1 International commercial arbitration / Organization of foreign economic activity at enterprises
2.5.2 Comparative labor law
Main directions of research
Training in the specialty 1-24 80 01 "Jurisprudence" will allow specialists to acquire skills in solving the following research and professional problems:
- carrying out in-depth analysis and knowledge-intensive research of individual legal institutions;
- ensuring law-making and law enforcement practice;>
- analysis of legal norms and legal relations, events and actions that have legal significance and act as objects of professional activity;
- provision of consulting assistance, giving opinions (explanations) in the areas of professional activity;
- participation in the analytical generalization of the results of practical activities and the resolution of other legal issues in the areas of professional activity;
- ensuring the implementation of the functions of representative, executive and judicial authorities;
- implementation of innovations in lawmaking and law enforcement areas (innovative activities).
Education in the magistracy in the specialty 1-24 80 01 "Jurisprudence" opens up new opportunities for career development and gives a chance to master the second stage of higher education in your own discipline or related - another significant plus in favor of the master's program. A master's resume has a much better chance of attracting the attention and interest of the employer, and its owner is more likely to get an interesting and well-paid job:
- Civil servant
- Contract manager (public procurement specialist)
- Corporate lawyer
- Head of Legal Department
- Teacher of legal disciplines
- Head of a non-profit organization
- Law enforcement officer, prosecutor, investigator
- Specialist in land and property relations
- and many other highly paid and prestigious positions.
Continuing education opportunities
Master's studies develop narrow-profile and analytical competencies, prepare the foundation for a scientific or managerial career. All other things being equal, a candidate with a master's degree will have an advantage. In addition, a master's degree is a must for those planning to pursue postgraduate studies, pursue research, and become part of the academic community.